Windows XP support will end. What does this mean?
- Windows updates will end on April 8, 2014.
How can this potentially harm your computer?
- If people find more security problems in Windows XP, then Microsoft will not devote any resources to fix the issue.
- Potential improvements to the operating system will not be in development.
What to do?
- Upgrade to Windows 7
- Obtain an anti-virus product, such as eSetthat will continue to update on a Windows XP computer
- Ensure that Windows XP Service Pack 3 is installed and fully updated prior to April 8, 2014.
- Keep contact info for a friend who can help you with your computer
If you need further information from Microsoft in regards to the end of Windows XP support is available.
That’s it for today. If you need additional help, then please contact Pablo’s Computers. Have a great day.