Windows XP Support Will end
Windows XP support will end. What does this mean?
- Windows updates will end on April 8, 2014.
How can this potentially harm your computer?
- If people find more security problems in Windows XP, then Microsoft will not devote any resources to fix the issue.
- Potential improvements to the operating system will not be in development.
What to do?
- Upgrade to Windows 7
- Obtain an anti-virus product, such as eSetthat will continue to update on a Windows XP computer
- Ensure that Windows XP Service Pack 3 is installed and fully updated prior to April 8, 2014.
- Keep contact info for a friend who can help you with your computer
If you need further information from Microsoft in regards to the end of Windows XP support is available.
That’s it for today. If you need additional help, then please contact Pablo’s Computers. Have a great day.
I have been using computers since 1988. I have seen many things happen during these past 25 years. Computer viruses can arrive on computers that use windows, linux, or mac os x.
More and more I see viruses of all types – trojans, spyware, rootkits, html injectors, fake anti-virus programs, and more are created and distributed every day.
What can you do to reduce the change of getting such a malicious program?
Computer Viruses in the computer
- Use an anti-virus program and have it update continuously. Programs such as eSet, avira, avg, and avast can help prevent computer viruses from infecting your computer. I do not recommended Symantec anti-virus due to slowing down the computer and inferior detection of malware.
- Be careful of downloading programs from torrents, or sites devoted to pirated programs. You don’t know what may be inside that download.
- Make sure that your computer operating system is up to date with updates and security patches.
- Make sure that plug-ins are also up to date such as java, adobe flash, adobe reader.
If you run into trouble with a computer virus, then please contact Pablo’s Computers at 619-796-3074 from within San Diego County.
Keep watching this space for another informative article from Pablo’s Computers.
Tambien, se habla Español